Thursday, January 6, 2011

Too Much Pink....




How about it if was PinkOWeen?

Not that I myself enjoy the color pink either, but I felt inspired after my dear friend Chris aka the Frog Queen's comments about our pink candy buffet to come up with some delectable Halloween fan fare in yes.. the color pink of course...

Miss Courtney over at Pizzazzerie made excellent use of the color pink to help fight the cure and benefit the Susan G. Komen foundation for the cure. They fell short of their goal last October to raise $1000 maybe we can help them out a bit still... by clicking HERE. These are just a few photos of her excellent interpretation of our beloved holiday using traditional black and yes... my dear friends PINK...




I think I am going to "borrow" this large lolly and rock candy idea for my party favors this year. And i really like the popcorn container idea too,
but I think I would go with Monster Crunch.


MONSTER CRUNCH

1 box crispex or chex cereal
1 stick butter
1 cup peanut butter
2 oz chocolate chips
1 bag powdered sugar
orange powdered food coloring (optional)
nuts, raisins, mini pretzels, m&m's etc (all optional add ins of your choice)

color the powdered sugar with the food coloring.

In a saucepan melt the butter, peanut butter and chocolate chips stirring frequently over low heat to prevent burning.

Place cereal and any optional add ins of your choice in a large bowl. Pour Peanut butter mixture over and toss to coat.

Place into a large ziplock bag and add in powdered sugar and toss to coat evenly. Adding more sugar to coat evenly.









even the glitter is edible... NICE it's called disco glitter


Hoping I haven't thrown you all over the edge with the crazy amount of pink, sequins and glitter.




Images borrowed from Pizzazzerie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it is absolutely amazing! Very creative.