Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A store bought costume???? Quick someone pull the dagger out of my heart....




So I have gone to great lengths to allow my children to pick out their annual haunt attire since they were old enough to say yes and no...usually I am able to customize my own costume around theirs, for instance on year Elaina was Dorothy from the "Wizard of Oz" I was able to be the wicked witch.....we were all pirates and wenches one year, and 2 years ago Elaina was Ariel from Disney's the Little Mermaid" I was Ursula the sea witch... (see a reoccurring theme here....)? We scour the second hand stores for great fabric finds and plot out our ideas well in advance. It is a little more work, but so worth the outcome in the end... and the memories we are creating at the same time working together.

This year... something has gone drastically wrong.. in my best Bill and Ted's Adventure voice... "Something is array at the Circle K" my sweet innocent beautiful 8 year old daughter has announced to the world that she wants to be Padme from Star Wars.. o.k., I think I could deal with that... doesn't exactly match the whole Season of the Witch party theme I was planning on... but I could make a killer Darth Vader for trick or treat at least right??? Then slip into something a little more complimenting my cauldron for our party. So I start researching photos.. planning and my wonderful, sweet, highly opinionated 8 year old announces, NO I just want you to buy this one.. online.... sigh.... I caved... hopefully this is not the end of an era.....


so here I go, "suck it up mom" is what I keep hearing my inner self taunting me with... not my idea of Halloween.. but in the end, she will make the best Padme ever....somebody quick pull the dagger out of my heart.....

2 comments:

Ken said...

Aw, I feel for ya. My kids have done the same thing to me. Luckily it was just a one or 2 year thing and now they are back to home made costumes.

All Together Dead said...

Thank you for sharing that I am not alone.... welcome to my blog, thank you for following!