Sunday, August 22, 2010

Bring on the Vampires


Say what you want to say I am squealing with excitement over the new Rolling Stone cover shot showing the very bloody and sexy naked and might I add YUMMY Alexaander Skarsgard alongside Anna Paquin, & Stephen Moyer the stars from the HBO series True Blood.

Crazy that this cover has drawn so much controversy from disgust to delight and even refusal to stock the magazine in some locations.

Love it or hate it, one has to agree that it has sparked a huge moral debate. Bottom line it is entertainment. With all entertainment you have the choice to participate or turn your channel. Personally I am all for the romance and primal portrayal of Vampires over the years, but I am really glad they have evolved on this series. I sit on the edge of my seat with anticipation, start watching 15 minutes in so I can fast forward the commercials, and curse the screen when the final moments of the episode air for that week.... very angry that I have to wait 7 more days for the next episode to air.

The series has very much expanded it's poetic liscense and has stretched the reality of the actual books by Charlaine Harris -Sookie Stackhouse series of books. But I am not complaining.

2 comments:

Little Messy Missy said...

Read every book!!!!! LOVE the series!!! Any woman that can entertain so many housewives deserves to never do another load of dishes or laundry in her entire life! I loved the books a bit more then True Blood but I still love the show!!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i LOVED this cover. in fact, i think this might be the best magazine cover ever!!!