With Easter coming this little "trick or treat" version of a colored egg is sure to turn fancy to any Halloween enthusiast. Frozen blueberries added to the eggs while they cook helps to "spin" the webs and magically will not leave a blueberry taste behind.
THANK YOU Miss Martha for the idea.
- 1 dozen large eggs
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- Gray sea salt, for serving
- Freshly ground black pepper, for serving
- Place eggs in single layer in a large saucepan, and cover with water and blueberries. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Cover; let stand 10 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove eggs one at a time, and place on a folded kitchen towel. Lightly crack shell on side with the handle of a whisk or a wooden spoon. Transfer egg to medium bowl; cover with cooking water. Repeat with remaining eggs. Let eggs cool completely in water in refrigerator.
- Carefully peel shells from eggs. Serve with salt and pepper.