Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Party Favors



So, my philosophy has always been if you are going to do something do it right or don't do it at all.... sometimes, ok, well most times that gets the best of me. Call it my innate nature to have things perfect or the need to live it up to the fullest because life is just to short, or maybe JT's OCD is rubbing off on me... which very much could be the case because JT has it so bad my teenage son says that he doesn't suffer from OCD he suffers from CDO... he has it so bad that he must put his own disorder in alphabetical order...

Well, if you don't know it by now this years party theme is the Season of the Witch. I have been busy making potions and elixirs, decorations, etc to carry out the theme. I am carrying it over into the party favors as well. I have had my best witches saving wine and Xango juice bottles for me all summer. The labels have been gently soaked off, and replaced with my own custom new labels. Not sure if I am going to fill them with some sort of gooey gooey concoction or what not yet, so far, the bottles are labeled, the corks have been aged, and I am in "thought" process.

The front of the bottle has great artwork of witches and a cauldron and simply says 2009 at the top and Witches Brew at the bottom. The back label reads "Jerry & Amy would like to thank you for joining them for their annual Halloween Bash Saturday, October 24, 2009 "The Season of the Witch". We truly love and appreciate each of you and are tickled black that you spent the dark holiday with us. Spook you the next time".

I have also made a little hang tag that will hang on the neck of the bottle and be easily removed that says " This bottle is for decorative purposes only and has been permanently sealed. Please add it to your own Halloween display next year!

So now to just figure out what to put inside if anything get them sealed, twined up and ready to go. The left over wine bottles have a new project in store for them next year......


1 comment:

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Great idea!! They look fantastic.

Cheers!